- We offer an array of after school programs.
21st Century After School Program
The primary goal of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program is to supplement the education of children in high-poverty areas and those who attend low-performing schools with academic, STEM and cultural enrichment during out-of-school time hours, so that they may attain the skills necessary to meeting state core curriculum content standards. In addition, the centers must offer literacy and other educational services to the families of the participating students.
The purposes of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers After-School Program are to:
- Provide opportunities for academic enrichment, including providing tutorial services to help students (particularly students in high-poverty areas and those who attend low-performing schools) meeting State and local student performance standards in core academic subjects such as reading and mathematics.
- Offer students a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities, such as youth development activities, drug and violence prevention programs counseling programs, STEM activities, art, music, and recreation programs, technology education programs and character education programs that are designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students.
- Offer families of students served by community learning centers opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
Student will be prepared for their future personally and in the workplace.
- Arts, music, etc.
- Robotics & Engineering
- Cooking with Science
- Technology education
- Diversity of services to meet student need.